Who we are
FEL Valves Ltd gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
FEL Valves Ltd.’s trading office is at 96. Pickmere Lane, Wincham, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 6EB and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 3438169.
How we use your information
FEL Valves Ltd processes your personal information to meet our legal and contractual obligations, and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice. We will ensure that the information collected will only be used for its intended purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
The personal data that we collect is:
- Billing/Delivery Address
- Business Email
- Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Orders and Invoices
- Details of your interactions with us
For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made, web pages you have visited on our site and when you contact us.
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country, the web pages viewed during your visit on our site, and any search terms you entered.
We collect information in the below ways:
- Online enquiry forms on our website
- Emailed enquiries and correspondence
- Information provided by clients where we are supporting their staff and/or contractors
- Telephone conversations
- When you visit our website
- When you download our brochures from our website
- When you create an account with us
- Engaging with us on Social Media
In order for us to do any of the above, we must collect and store your data firstly for correspondence purposes.
FEL Valves Ltd may wish to contact you for marketing purposes, however we would contact you for additional consent for that purpose if not already given.
Will we share your personal data with anyone else?
We may need to pass your details onto third parties who are either contracted to, or part of FEL Valves Ltd. Any third parties who we do pass your details onto are obliged to store your details securely and only process them if responding to deliveries and enquiries on our behalf. When the time comes that they no longer require your personal data, they will dispose of this accordingly and in line with our company policy. If we wish to pass your personal data to a third party, we will only do so with your explicit consent, unless we are legally obliged to do so otherwise.
You have the right to access any personal information that FEL Valves Ltd processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
How will we use the personal data we collect about you?
Processing data constitutes as collecting, storing and using. FEL Valves Ltd takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We will process this data in accordance with the GDPR. We will do our utmost to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it longer than is necessary. FEL Valves Ltd may issue occasional reminders to all customers to keep their contact details up to date and will update them accordingly.
Under what circumstances will we contact you?
Please be advised that where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. We do not mean at any point to be intrusive or ask for unnecessary information. We will do our best to ensure that the information we hold is as secure as possible to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can you find out about the personal data that we hold about you?
If you want to see what personal data we hold on you and how it is processed, you may contact us to request this. This is known as a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) and you must request this in writing (by post), providing the necessary identification before any information is released. If FEL Valves Ltd do store any of your personal data, you may request information on the following:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the GDPR owner, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of The SWW or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
What forms of ID will you need to provide in order to access this?
FEL Valves Ltd will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Director Authorisation (Copy of articles of authorisation), along with 2 forms of ID (Passport, Driving Licence)
Contact details of the GDPR Owner
If you wish to submit a DSAR, or have any questions regarding this privacy statement, you must do so in writing using the following information.
FEL Valves Ltd,
96 Pickmere Lane,
Tel – 00 44 (0)1565 733137
Safeguarding our Website
FEL Valves Ltd takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including:
- SSL, encryptions, restricted access, IT authentication, firewalls, anti-virus/malware etc.
To make this site simpler, small data file are placed on your computer. These are known as cookies. Most big websites do this too.
They improve things by:
- Remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page;
- Remembering information, you’ve given (e.g. your postcode) so you don’t need to keep entering it;
- Measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs.
Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. They’re just here to make the site work better for you. Indeed, you can manage and/or delete these small files as you wish.
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies for all sites.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit AboutCookies.org.
First Party Cookies
These are cookies that are set by this website directly. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Third Party Cookies
These are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the site allow visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies are currently set by Twitter, Facebook and Google+. If you want to prevent sites setting third party cookies, instructions to do so are here.
Log files allow us to record visitors’ use of the site. These logs are automatically generated from all our visitors, which we use to make improvements to the layout of the site and to the information in it, based on the way that visitors move around it. Log files do not contain any personal information about you.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to our partners, as well as other external sites. You should note, that if you click through to any of these external sites, we do not have control over that site (unless it is a website which forms part of FEL Valves Ltd. We cannot be responsible for the protection of any information that you provide to these other websites as they are not governed by this privacy statement. You should always exercise caution and look at the privacy statement of whichever website it is that you are visiting.
Transfers Outside the EU
FEL Valves Ltd utilise some products or services that may be hosted/stored in non-EU countries, which means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through email or the website outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the below purposes: –
To enable the fulfilment of contractual obligations with specific client and will only involve the personal data of employees and/or contractors whose details have been provided to FEL Valves Ltd by the specific client, marketing (MailChimp) and email servers (Google).
Therefore, when you use our website, email us, sign up to our newsletter the personal information you submit may be stored on servers which are hosted in non-EU countries. Where this is the case, we will take steps to ensure that those providers use the necessary level of protection for your information and abide by strict agreements and measures set out by FEL Valves Ltd to protect your data and comply with the relevant data protection laws.
Where we transfer personal information for the above reasons, we utilise the below safeguarding measures and mechanisms to ensure that your personal data is always safe and secure: –
Either encrypted email or secure file transfer systems as agreed with the client.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to FEL Valves Ltd however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services or respond to your enquiries, we will not be able to offer some or all our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
FEL Valves Ltd only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. As an example, we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years plus the current year, after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Occasionally, FEL Valves Ltd would like to contact you with the products, services and promotions that we provide. If you consent to us using your contact details for this purpose, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the opt-out/unsubscribe options or by contacting FEL Valves Ltd directly.